Oh and The Blogger Formerly Known as Rayden sent me a tag for a holiday survey so I'll be answering that cause it looked like fun!
1. Have you started Yule shopping yet? Yup, just last week, lol.
2. Tell me about one of your special holiday traditions? My husband and I sneak out on yule eve, after the kids have gone to bed and pick up a fresh cut tree, sneak it into the house, and decorate it with small presents and their stockings.
3. When do you put up your tree? We usually get a really cruddy looking "decoy" tree around the end of the first week in December.
4. Are you a Black Friday Shopper? good gods no! I did it once with my OH cause he wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We both heartily agreed after that we would gladly pay more money never to have to do it again!
5. Do you travel at Yule or stay at home? We usually stay home, but sometimes we go out to a movie in the afternoon.
6. What is your funniest Yule memory? I'm a little weird, but my favorite winter holiday memory is when I found out there isn't an actual santa that comes in and hides toys. I was 7 and had asked for a parrot that year and I got a very long and detailed letter from Santa explaining why it wouldn't be a good idea for my family to have a parrot. Written in my oldest sister's handwriting(she's 11 years older than me). I then proceeded to get out a magnifying glass and a piece of her homework and circled all of the points that were the same in the writing. I then proceeded to Make a list of reasons why I was sure that my sister was not in the employ of Santa or any elves and ended with a demand for the aforementioned parrot. What can I say, I was a weird kid.
7. What is your favorite Yule movie of all times? Muppet Christmas Carol, hands down
8. Do you do any Yule baking and what's your favorite treat? Yup! My favorite has always been bread pudding.
9. Fake or real tree? real, although growing up we always had fake.
10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done? About 10:30 yule eve when we start guzzling coffee.
11. Are you still wrapping presents on Yule Eve?Every single year
12. What is your favorite family fun time at Yule? yule eve we all sit around and read A House at Pooh Corner together. We've done it since I was a kid.
13. What Yule craft do you like best? We make candy cane animals. That's a blast.
14. Yule music? Yes or No, and if yes, what is your favorite song? Carol of the bells, Santa Baby, and Baby it's cold outside.
15. Do you plan to finish all your shopping? Someday.......maybe....
I can't decide what 5 other blogs to tag for this, so anyone who wants to answer sign on up! I would love to read the answers any of you would give!