Friday, September 25, 2009

Travel Log 9-25: Finally Friday

It's Friday!! There is much skipping and dancing and general merriment here that the end of the busy week has come.
   Now to begin the busy weekend.
   On the agenda is going to the fair, see Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs (I have to, It's my daughter's favorite book and used to be mine. Even if it's rotten gotta go and see, lol),  watch my 9 year old's soccer game, and get squishisaurus rex's ( my 1 year old) hair cut for the first time.
   Oh and I had an awesome idea for a birthday present for my daughter ( aka Her Royal Highness, or HRH for short who will be turning 8 in a few weeks). She saw the drawing that I posted here and she made up a story about what she thought happened before and after the image. So I wrote it down and did some more drawings and am going to out it into a book for her for her birthday. Her own book that she wrote! I think its cool, so i hope she will too. I'll post the whole thing up here once it's done =).

    Because there was a car accident feet from my father and the kids as he was walking them to school ( he insists that it's the most fun he has when he gets to do it) I looked up and figured I'd pass on this safe travel spell from Spells That Work.com:

Safe Travel Spell:

Tools
  • White Feather
  • White Embroidery Floss
  • Silver Charm
Instructions
Keep yourself and loved ones safe while you travel by casting a Safe Travel Spell.
To start, take a white feather, some white embroidery floss, and a silver charm shaped like a wheel.
Use the floss to fasten the wheel charm to the quill end of the feather.
Tie off the floss with a loop so that you can hang or wear the feather.
As you work, say: “Hermes, wing-footed messenger of fair Olympus, see us safely to our destination.”
Hang the feather in your vehicle, or wear it whenever you travel in an airplane or in someone else’s vehicle.

2 comments:

  1. Yep...I think that birthday gift ROCKS. Great idea. :)

    Hope your weekend is going well.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good =).
    I hope she likes it. She likes to pretend she's a diva princess, but deep down she's really a very creative soul.

    ReplyDelete