Friday, October 1, 2010

Travel Log 10-1: IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!

As you can tell I'm excited that it's the first day of October, lol. SO many things  this month and I love it.It's even starting off on the right foot with thunder and lightning storms all day!
      With the merchandising frrenzies going the rest of the year, this is the one month that is really dedicated to fall. I love all the Halloween stuff that is out in the stores. I love the anticipation of Halloween and all the fun that comes in that with that. To quote the Pumpkin Song -"life's no fun without a good scare". That's what this month allows us to do. It allows us to revel in the dark. To let our dark sides free to revel, whether your dark side is a vampire or a fairy princess (hey- that much pink in one place is pretty scary). The monsters come out and broomstick rides aren't just fun they are mandatory.
     Considering how candy coated most of the year is this one month for horror and magik to reign is extra sweet to me. This is the time of year when I feel like a kid let loose in a candy emporium and no adults to supervise *insert manic grin*. When I was growing up my parents were not big on social interaction. I hardly ever got to hang out with kids my age, and pretty much lived inside my own head with my imagination. Halloween was the one time of year I got to let my imagination out of my head and play with it in real life without anyone looking at me like I was even weirder than they thought.
     So it's no wonder that this time of year imparts a sense of absolute childlike wonder in me. I feel comfortable and free and love every minute of it. So now the count down begins to the big day, but I'm going to have fun all month long and enjoy the journey that is October!
     And in that spirit I'll be starting my month long project tomorrow! Last year I did a serial writing project here on the blog and this year I'm going to do the same with a little twist! I'll be posting a choose your own adventure story for the first time this month and all of you will get to choose how the story is going to go! That will be interspersed with some how-to's on my favorite Halloween type crafts(with pics finally if everything goes right=). So it shall be a busy month for me and hopefully an entertaining one for you!

2 comments:

  1. A very happy October to you! Let's put our pointy hats on and fit a years worth of celebration into these 31 days! I can't wait to see how your story goes throughout the month, I'm doing a countdown to Hallowe'en myself, with at least 31 activities of some sort throughout the month.

    Should be a spooktacular time for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i spent the whole day yesterday cleaning and decorating for it!

    ReplyDelete