Monday, November 1, 2010

Travel Log 11-1: Oh What A Time We Had

Sorry for the absence right after meeting some of you but this weekend, besides being All Hallow's Eve, was also the first time my best friend has gotten to visit me in about 2 years. She moved up to Washington state about 6 years ago and I have missed her like crazy. So we were a bit crazy, what with all the running amok and all. Unfortunately no governments were toppled or mayhem mayhammed (is that even a word? Well now it is!). But we had a lot of fun and I am still exhausted from last night.
     She talked me and the hubby into spending our 5year anniversary (yup, married on Halloween) at a local venue for a Rockabilly show headlining with the Horrorpops. We didn't know much about the genre (don't I sound all artsy and stuff- genre...g-en-re, just saying it makes me feel more cultured, lol) but we got a quick education last night. And it was great! I now have a bunch of bands to research and for those of you who may know who they are we saw The Muertones, Resurex, FOF, The Horrorpops, and the Necromantix made a surprise appearance. What was great was the 3 classic hearses lined up in front of the show. It was awesome!
     Unfortunately the conversation that happened on the way back to the car was "we are too old for this shit" "my back is killing me" and "what ever made me wear the platform leather thigh high boots?"  But hey, what are friends for except to show you that you are waaaay past your prime.
Hopefully she will get the pictures loaded up quick and I'll toss some on here!
     Since I'm feeling uber cool and all sock hopper-ish (also now a word! I'm going to start my own dictionary soon..) instead of saying good bye I'll just catch y'all on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment