Sunday, October 11, 2009

Travel Log 10-11: Zombies and Twinkies and Bill Murray, Oh My!

   Well last night, despite my plans to be productive and get the colorization of those fall drawings done for you guys my OH had other ideas.
    My halloween prince swept me off to a drive-in movie theater. To see Zombieland. With Chinese food!
    It was a lot of fun. Pretty much a perfect halloween activity. Add to that the fact that I had never, actually been to a drive in and it was even better. I have no idea why I never tried it before, considering I have lived within10 blocks of one for the majority of my life, but there ya go, people are funny.
     The theater was awesome, the movie was all I had hoped it would be, and the zombie killing hilarity was added to by the fact that if I turned my head to the left I could see Cloudy with a Chance Of  Meatballs playing on another screen and the lip sync was absolutely priceless! There were so many parts in that movie that I laughed so hard soda almost came out of my nose, lol.
      Yes me and the OH have now added many new and amusing lines to our geeky pop culture referencing lingo and so the movie shall continue to give us laughs for years to come.
       In other Blog party news, today we are taking a trip up to the apple orchards, and shall press our own cider and pick pumpkins! A great fall activity and I plan on getting myself some great home made pumpkin butter and cookbooks while I am there!
        I will put up the first installment of that serial story I was talking about tonight, if my son's california indian tribe project doesn't have me crying in the corner in the fetal position ( can we say reeds and raffia are not the best building material?).
       I am excited to see if I can pull this project off and keep you guys interested and the twists coming as I progress the story!
       On a last little tidbit before I load the kidniks into the car and run off into harvest bliss here is a spell I found for clear skies and good weather from   Magic Spells  :

SPELL FOR SUNNY WEATHER/CLEAR SKIES

Take a container of some kind (I used a blue bottle cap) and pour some water into it,
preferably mineral water or spring water but any will do. then put some salt in it and leave it
on a windowsill if it is sunny or windy (if windy you need to make sure that it is secured and
wont blow away). If it is wet outside or humid and the water will not evaporate away, leave it
in your house in a warm place or by a window. As you pour the salt in, imagine the mixture
becoming the clouds in the sky visualize it evaporating and the clouds evaporating with it.
Then leave it to evaporate in its place. Only remove when all of the water has gone.

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks for entering my Give Away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved zombieland... I was SO EXCITED that Bill Murray was in it! He's my absolute favorite actor. :D

    Drive in's are so much fun! We didn't make it out to our nearest one this season (over an hour away!) but we'll make up for it next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Zombieland...it's been getting rave reviews around blogger land.

    Drive-ins ARE fun. I haven't been to one in years though.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved his death scene..it was classic Murray!

    Bridgett- if you like to laugh at random acts of grotesque violence to the walking dead then it's definitely a must see!

    ReplyDelete